London Tech Week Special: The Future of London as a Leading Tech Hub – Past its Peak, or Still Rising? Powered by Home Grown & The Europas
Monday 12th June, 6:30pm
Founders – Join Home Grown and The Europas for our panel delving into London’s standing as Europe’s leading tech hub, including its ability to attract leading founders, investors, and to nurture the next generation of unicorns.
Mike Butcher, TechCrunch editor and founder of The Europas, will be moderating this panel, in which he’ll be taking a deep dive with industry experts to discuss the following:
- What’s the state of London’s tech ecosystem and its funding opportunities? Has London as a tech hub peaked?
- How does London compare to other startup hubs in nurturing scaleups – and especially, to American tech ecosystems like Silicon Valley?
- What challenges do founders face as they try to raise funds in these uncertain times in London? What are the opportunities for female founder tech companies and ethical generative AI?
We’ll be delving into these questions and more with leading tech experts including:
- Jeffrey Faustin, CIO at Jenson Funding
- Ian Merricks, Partner at White Horse Capital
- Tobie Morgan Hitchcock, CEO at SurrealDB
- Charlotte Goggin, Venture Debt & Growth Capital at CIBC
- Margaret Zablocka, Founder at Onaco
- Michael Nathan, Global Managing Partner at
With London Tech Week just around the corner, Homegrown and The Europas have joined forces to create an event that provides a comprehensive overview of the current tech landscape in the nation’s capital.
The Europas is an annual showcase of European startups taking place this year in Lisbon, Portugal on 13 November. The Europas aim to recognise and celebrate the innovation emerging from Europe’s tech startup scene. Founded in 2009 by Mike Butcher, The Europas currently operates under Pathfounders.
Don’t miss out on this valuable opportunity to gain insights from industry leaders and engage in a meaningful conversation about the future of London as a preeminent tech hub.
This event is open to both members and non-members. Non-members can book their tickets here. Tickets are complimentary and include a welcome drink.