We are back! The fifth instalment of the ever-growing F*ckup Nights at Home Grown..
F*ckup Nights is a global movement and event series that shares stories of professional failure. Each month, in events across the globe, we get three to four people to get up in front of a room full of strangers to share their own professional fuckup. The stories of the business that crashes and burns, the partnership deal that goes sour, the product that has to be recalled, we tell them all.
- Following a successful career as a stock broker at Deutsche Bank Wayne Grossman started trading equities from home. This left him with a misplaced sense of entitlement that the markets owed him a living. This proved his downfall when he managed to lose £840,000 in one day on one position because he fell in love with the stock/position.
- Dan Wilson’s business LMX was all set to revolutionise adtech. He managed to open the stock exchange twice before a Google rule change set in motion a series of events that cost the business $1.2m and led to its ultimate demise.
- The failure of Nick Hussey’s cycle clothing business left him severely depressed. He was trolled on the internet and was close to suicide. His tale is a salutary reminder of how business failure can have massive knock on effects in many other areas of our lives.
- Having lost $550m of US Govts money in the middle east Alex O’Cinneide’s business had the dubious pleasure of being raided by the FBI. Alex was also profiled in the New York Times but not in a good way.
- Hosted, as ever, by Home Grown member, Stephen Sacks.
If you want to hear how you can learn from our mistakes, hear our stories, and network with a group who recognise that businesses and their leaders must fail to ultimately succeed then you need to show up on the 14th of November 2023 for what promises to be an amazing evening of beer (first one is free), laughs and therapy.
7.00pm F*ck up’s shared!
Members can log into the portal to book.
Non-members are by invite-only.